Exhibitions et al


Marc Chagall

Dear All,
I thought you would like to hear more news from Paris …


I went to a super exhibition on Mark Chagall ('la triomphe de la musique' at the Philharmonie de Paris), which included a V long & detailed tour. It was rather poignant having recently been at the Opéra Garnier, adorned with his ceiling fresco that he painted in 1964 - a V inspiring exhibit.
My trip to the Opéra Garnier was courtesy of my friend Susanna, who was given tickets by the first violinist/the owner of her petit studio. The ballet was choreographed by Anne Teresa de Keersmaeker, and was rather modern and repetitive ... but the whole experience was enhanced by the ambiance of this great setting. 



I have been doing LOTS of art, studying/practising individual parts of the body - currently breasts and décolleté ... but decided to do head and ears when drawing in a café yesterday afternoon ;)

 















 






















My friends Jean-Pierre and Oxana are coming for brunch at 12pm, so I have been up early for a swim and to get everything ready (inc weekly washing!), with hopefully time for a few sketches.
I will send you more pics later on today. Philip arrives tomorrow - I'm meeting him at Port Royal station at 8.30am, and then we're going to my favourite café for breaks (St Médard) - I am SO looking forward to seeing him again! Love Rachelx

 Dear All,
Just a VERY quick email before I go to the Indian Embassy re. my Visa for next February.
I had a lovely w/e seeing the Picasso exhibition at Le Grand Palais on Saturday, with a friend from my course, Susanna, followed by dinner at her little studio.
Yesterday I started the day with an invigorating swim pre-church, and then afternoon tea with my friend Debra and her husband Doug - a v enjoyable time, accompanied by delicious tarte aux abricots and rose tea.

I hope you are well and had a good w/e.
That is all for now, and I will call around lunchtime. Love Rachelx



Frank Gehry, Marmottan & Mini Palais

Dear All,
Lovely to receive your news and know all is well.
I am writing this after doing some art prior to Taizé with Philip at St Germain des Près. We are then having a bite at my fav deli, Gerard Mulot, before shopping and galleries, including coffee at Ralph Lauren or maybe Les Deux Magots, to play the tourists.
We spent yesterday afternoon at the Frank Gehry Louis Vuitton gallery in Bois de Boulogne. There are many modern art exhibs on display, which are 'interesting', but we enjoyed the building more - the architecture is splendid as are the roof top views. 

 


Bois de Boulogne is also the location for the Musée Marmottan where we saw a most impressive private collection of impressionist works once owned by Arthur and Hedy Hahnloser-Bühler, to adorn their Swiss Villa Flora.

We equally enjoyed the permanent collection of Monet's colourful water lilies, which I had seen on a previous occasion. The collection shows impressions of the lilies different to those commonly known, being of a looser style and brighter palette.    

We are having a celeb meal at Mini Palais this eve - early 20th wedding anniversary. Must start getting ready - supposed to be Indian summer temps ...? Love to you all, from R&Pxx